Five common house plants that could Seriously hurt your cat

Cats are some of the most curious creatures on the planet. They love to explore every nook and cranny of your home. They like to inspect everything before giving it their seal of approval. This includes any house plants you may have. Your cat will more than likely want to try a bite of your leafy green plants and flowers, which can be dangerous as there are a good many house plants that can make cats very sick or even kill them. Where do you think the term 'Curiosity killed the cat' came from?
If you suspect your cat has been poisoned by a plant, take your cat along with a sample of the plant(s) you suspect they ate to your vet immediately. You very well could be saving the life of your furry feline friend.

 Lilium This is one of the most toxic house plants to cats as ingesting only 2-3 of its leaves can cause liver failure and, if left untreated, death. One of the earliest symptoms is vomiting followed by diarrhea, dehydration, lack of appetite and your cat will even become depressed.

 Aloe If your cat eats any type of aloe plant you can expect vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, tremors, depression and a change in the color of their urine. This doesn't happen right away though. They may not show symptoms for up to 12 hours.

 Philodendron bipinnatifidum The philodendron leaves contain crystals known as raphites which when eaten can travel deep into the tissue of your cat's mouth causing mouth irritation and burning. Other common symptoms include throat and mouth swelling, problems swallowing, excessive salivation, difficulty breathing and throwing up. Depending on how much philodendron your cat ate they may have seizures, kidney failure, fall into a coma or even die.

 Chrysanthemum Ingestion of this beautiful flower will initially cause your cat to lose coordination. This is followed by vomiting and diarrhea.

Rhododendron ferrugineum There are many different varieties of rhododendron, all of which can potentially kill a cat. Should your cat eat any they will become quite weak, experience vomiting and diarrhea. If left untreated your cat can fall into a coma and die.